LIVE AT ART D’LUGOFF’S TOP OF THE GATE
Live at Art D’Lugoff’s Top of the Gate captures two complete sets of the Bill Evans trio with bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Marty Morell on October 23, 1968 at Art D’Lugoff’s legendary Village Gate club in New York City. Originally recorded by Resonance founder and co-president George Klabin at 21 years old, and digitally remastered from the original tapes, this deluxe 2LP gatefold set includes a 4-page insert with iconic photos by Tom Copi, Jan Persson, Raymond Ross, Fred Seligo and Herb Snitzer; essays by renowned jazz critic Nat Hentoff, vibraphonist Gary Burton, Top of the Gate founder Art D’Lugoff’s son Raphael D’Lugoff, and more! This is a limited edition re-pressing of 4,000 copies, hand-numbered on 180-gram black vinyl. Mastered by Bernie Grundman, cut at 33 1/3 RPM and pressed by Record Technology Inc. (RTI). The much sought-after 2012 3LP boxed set edition was pressed at 45 RPM and has been out of print for over 3 years.
- Deluxe limited-edition 180gm, hand-numbered 2LP gatefold sets mastered by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering and pressed by RTI.
- Official release in partnership with the Bill Evans and Art D’Lugoff Estates.
- First pressing cut at 331/3 RPM, limited to 4,000 copies worldwide.
- Featuring longtime Evans bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Marty Morell.
- Digitally remastered from the original tape reels recorded by George Klabin.
- Includes 4-page insert with rare photos by Raymond Ross, Tom Copi and Jan Persson; essays by iconic jazz critic Nat Hentoff and vibes legend Gary Burton; plus interviews with Eddie Gomez and Marty Morell.
2LP Track Listing:
1. Emily Take (4:46)
2. Witchcraft (5:44)
3. Yesterdays (5:07)
4. ‘Round Midnight (6:24)
1. My Funny Valentine (4:44)
2. California Here I Come (5:43)
3. Gone With The Wind (6:55)
4. Alfie (5:07)
1. Turn Out The Stars (4:37)
2. Yesterdays (4:48)
3. Emily (5:08)
4. In A Sentimental Mood (4:06)
5. ‘Round Midnight (6:26)
1. Autumn Leaves (5:30)
2. Someday My Prince Will Come (5:13)
3. Mother of Earl (4:21)
4. Here’s That Rainy Day (5:15)
CD TRACK LIST:
Disc One – Set 1
1. Emily (Mandel & Mercer)
2. Witchcraft (C. Coleman)
3. Yesterdays (J. Kern)
4. Round Midnight (T. Monk)
5. My Funny Valentine (Rogers & Hart)
6. California Here I Come (De Sylva, Jolson & Myers)
7. Gone With The Wind (Magidson & Wrubel)
8. Alfie (B. Bacharach)
9. Turn Out The Stars (B. Evans)
Disc Two – Set 2
1. Yesterdays (J. Kern)
2. Emily (Mandel & Mercer)
3. In A Sentimental Mood (D. Ellington)
4. Round Midnight (T. Monk)
5. Autumn Leaves (J. Kosma)
6. Someday My Prince Will Come (Churchill & Morey)
7. Mother Of Earl (E. Zindar)
8. Here’s That Rainy Day (Burke & Van Heusen)
Bill Evans- piano
Eddie Gomez- bass
Marty Morell- drums